In June, I’ll be hiking with the Hike for Discovery (HFD) team in Yosemite National Park. This year, I’m serving as a mentor with HFD helping the team to train for hikes in Yosemite and the Grand Canyon — while raising money for LLS to fund research and patient services.
Did you know?
- In 2006, an estimated 785,829 Americans were living with blood cancers.
- Leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults under the age of 20.
- Every five minutes, someone is diagnosed with a blood cancer.
- Every 10 minutes, someone dies from a blood cancer.
- The Society awards about $58 million annually in research grants to find a cure for, or control of, blood cancers.
- LLS has invested $483 million since 1954 into research that has significantly improved survival rates for thousands
The Society’s work is far from over! While I’m training, you can help me reach my goal of raising $4,500 by donating to my Hike for Discovery. Your 100% tax-deductible contribution will bring those cures a step closer and help LLS continue to provide patient services to Elijah and his family. Many companies match employees’ charitable donations, if yours does, please apply for the matching donation to help me reach my goal even quicker!
I sincerely appreciate your support of my Hike for Discovery and The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Hope everything works out for Elijah, god bless the brave little guy!
Post a Comment